Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Rats

The last post was written yesterday. What a difference a day can make!

After getting to Rosslare and driving across Ireland to Cork then down to Kinsale, it was very late last night, so I thought I'd not disturb my farmer friend, and just sleep in the car. Apparently his battery went flat at 10pm anyway, so it wouldn't have done me any good calling him.

So I was up bright and early this morning, and found Dennis the Farmer ok. But.. well, he said, there was a bit of a problem with the mobile home, and so someone had given him a caravan, and perhaps I'd like to stay in that temporarily while the mobile home is fixed up.

But the caravan has no shower, no toilet, and it's not connected to any source of power. Oh, and there's no lock on the door.

From there, we have a quick look into the mobile home, to find rats have got in, and there are holes in the floor.

Hmm.

After driving all day yesterday, and not much of a night's sleep, foolish me doesn't really know what to say.

Except how terribly terribly disappointed I am, and how much I wish I was back at some non-existant "home" with those I love nearby, rather than.. oh well.

So I'm holed up in a B&B tonight, going back to Cork tomorrow to get my PPSN (equivalent of the UK National Insurance Number), and apartment-share hunting. But apparently, most of the cheap rooms won't be available for another week or two - until the colleges go back here.

It's not the end of the world. I'm still in good health, etc, etc. I'm just rather pissed off.

No comments:

Post a Comment