Sunday, August 23, 2009

Mmmmmm...

What a busy week! But what to write on my blog, to enthral, dazzle and amuse my readers (or reader?).

Well, it's been a pretty non-reductionist week. I've acquired a lot of stuff since returning to Europe - a few bits from my mum's place in France, a load of books from my Aunt (much cheaper in the UK than in Ireland) - course books, books on chickens, and so on, secondhand where possible...

Then.. well, a new (refurbished) laptop (I had only a netbook while travelling - which has been great, but not ideal for "real work" when I finally stop moving for a while), a pair of shoes, trousers and shirt for the wedding from a charity shop.

And today I picked up a box of my stuff from a friend - happily it has lots of clothes in that I'd forgotten about, so I shouldn't need to buy anything much in Ireland (apart from a duvet). Plus (more) books, cds and dvds, and the like.

I feel I should do an inventory of everything like on 100 thing challenge, which is a great read. Perhaps when I get to Ireland and clear out any remaining junk...

Due to the incredibly harsh import taxes for vehicles into Ireland, I'll only be having a car over there for 2 months or so, which is good - back to bike and public transport only.

It's been a lovely 10 days visiting loads of people, but I'm really looking forward to stopping now. Staying in one bed for a while. Though no doubt I'll get very jittery in a week or two - but then the course will start.

I've also been thinking more about chickens, and in the book I bought it mentions rehoming battery hens - fantastic! If you're interested, in the UK there is this group - the Battery Hen Welfare Trust, and in Ireland these guys seem pretty cool.

Pretty good that you can find a charity for most things you're interested in - there are plenty of good people out there, dedicating their lives to worthwhile causes.

No comments:

Post a Comment