Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Life in Sweden

It's great being here in Sweden. Except the snow. I'm bored of winter, roll on spring!

What do I get up to? Well, a couple of times I have gone out to Skarva ecofarm and shop, to help out painting a room that will house some merchandise but also a place for fika, which is a tea or coffee break but usually with food and a bit of a chat too... the room is mostly done, we are on the second coat of possibly three; then a floor can go in, etc etc. It's good to be out, doing something physical!!

Today I made pancakes, collected twigs and leaves and catkins for a ceremonial altar that will be the centerpiece of a workshop that's being held over the next few days.. I chatted about farming, listened to people's stories, and talked about sustainability. I also ran down to the train station to collect a couple of the hosts of the aforementioned workshop - too much chatting, oops!

Life is good, but I still find it hard getting up in the mornings, and am tired early at night (i.e., now!) - I wonder if something is amiss in my diet, or that my body is simply so addicted to the stimulants caffeine and sugar that I am unable to function for long days without them.

So here I am, for another month, perhaps. Then it all changes again. But, there is only now. Worry not about the past, think not on the future, just be aware of the present.

The present is pretty good, all told.

No comments:

Post a Comment