Thursday, August 14, 2014

Further Frustrations

Things are... moving. Slowly. But, still, most stress I have is due to the high price of lawyers/solicitors and how banks 'get you'.


And wasps, a bit. But I keep hitting them with a stick, and that slowly seems to be working. The wasp nest is getting smaller.


So. Getting a co-signer on a house: BAD IDEA! Expensive to get them *off* the mortgage. Don't do it, kids!


Applying for a Barclaycard in the US without an SSN: poor idea. While they accepted an "ITIN" over the phone, they then said they needed more info.. namely, an SSN. If I had an SSN I would've used it in the first place!


Cashflow is king. Really. I've got money *in theory* all over the place, but until one house sells (as in, I get the money into my bank account), I'm strapped - and no more rent in the mean time.


Guess what - there's a referendum in Scotland next month. I have no idea what that'll do to the pound. I'm hoping a NO Alex Salmond (your politics smells) will make the pound significantly stronger vs the loonie (CAD). Of course, it has to BE a "no", first.


Oh, currency markets, so fickle. Painful to sit and watch it go up and (mostly) down while I wait for a house to sell...


Don't get me wrong. I'm really lucky to have a house to sell. Just the uncertainty is a bit... What's the word? Ulcer-inducing?


Better find something else to think about for a month (or two). How long does it take to sell a house, again?

No comments:

Post a Comment