Sunday, July 28, 2013

Productive

Today has been a pretty productive day.

I got up at 8am, ish;
harvested courgettes and radishes from the garden;
set some bread dough rising;
took the dog for a walk;
made the bread dough into bagels;
sold some stuff as part of my New Year's "one in, one out" resolution that I've been failing miserably;
made apple sauce from free apples from my neighbour's overhanging tree;
wrote (will have written) a blog post!

And I don't even have a dog! I walked *someone else's dog* before breakfast!

I've been meaning to make bagels for ages (I've been making bread for a few years now). Yesterday I made houmous with beetroot (oh, man.. really sweet). And with all the apples on the tree (and on the ground), I needed to do something...

Recipes: The bagel one I got on Mr. Money Mustache's forums, which was a good prompt, MMM forum

Apple sauce is basically chop 'em up, add a cup of water, some sugar, and cinnamon to your taste, and boil 'em down.

Houmous recipe was from the Beeb: Beetroot houmous (or "hummus" for North Americans).

And now.. I've got my feet up!

No comments:

Post a Comment