Saturday, January 23, 2010

Time for a change

So the Permaculture course here in Kinsale isn't really ticking my boxes. It is "FETAC level 5" which means it's aimed at school leavers (17 years old or so); I thought that wouldn't matter, and it'd still be interesting, hands on, and so on.

Sadly I've now reached the conclusion that it isn't teaching me enough, and I have decided to jump ship, and head to Canada to do a full season of growing there - working on an organic farm, learning through doing. I can do the studying when and wherever, but I've realised that if I can do a full season this year, I can start on my own place next year.

So, after realising it on Tuesday, and deciding it on Wednesday, I'm off - a two day busathon to take me to Sweden for a while, then to Canada for the start of the growing season - sometime in March or April, I think.

It's a shame. The community in Kinsale is great - the other people on my course are lovely, and there is lots going on here. If I was staying in Ireland or the UK, perhaps I'd stay. But... I'm not.

Packing all my stuff back into a cardboard box (to go to Canada immediately), and the two rucksacks I travelled with last year... how exciting. I'm feeling "Warriorish" - ready for action. It feels good having decided - knowing things weren't what I wanted, and making the choice.

Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment