Saturday, October 3, 2009

Another week gone already!

As ever with something enjoyable, this course is speeding past. 3 weeks into the course, I regret nothing about beginning it!

Tuesday and Wednesday were good days, spent on Forest Gardens, mulching, then into the gardens weeding, planting out the Mizuna and Osaka we sowed at the start of term.

Thursday was a hectic day - student council meeting first thing, then grinding grain to make flour, and baking the flour into very tasty bread. This is in aid of the Transition Town Kinsale Autumn Food Fest, next weekend.

On Friday we all went out to Killarney for a walk in Ireland's oldest forest. I don't feel I "learned" much but it was a lovely day in the woods, bonding with the class, hugging trees and picking up tidbits of info.

Sadly the Freshers' Flu that's been going round finally caught up to me last night, so I'm taking it easy over the weekend - lots of hot, honeyed tea! Mmmm.. Speaking of which..!

No comments:

Post a Comment