Friday, November 30, 2012

Snow!

Yup. That time of year again. It snowed on the weekend, and a bit today as well.

Hmm. It's nice - crisp and clear and cold out. The cars whoosh by when there is snow on the road.

But it does make walking tricky. Or I'm wearing the wrong kind of shoes. My super-duper hiking boots I bought for our trip three years ago are just too solid in the sole to give good grip. And my trainers are a bit leaky. I need some new boots, yes, that's it.

What do I wish to commit to internet-land, to Google's "not" evil clutches for all eternity (well, til the end of the world in a few weeks...). That my trainers leak?

What is there to be said? The world over, children are laughing or crying. Men and women are talking, sleeping, washing, thinking. Fucking. Flossing. Going faster and faster, but getting nowhere fast.

Palestine... ah Palestine. The story of Israel and Palestine would make a great book, if (rather like Robert Jordan, RIP) they could just get to the end. Well, no use going in to *that* here. None of my business. But oh I wish I could bang some heads together.

It's all about the little things, isn't it. Shall I drink coffee (gives me a headache, allows me to think about silly little things like programming more clearly), or not (withdrawal... few headaches but a fuzzyness of brain). Shall I buy a car... or a new laptop... or give away half my books...

I am learning to play the guitar, what a joy! Sore fingers. The guitar helps me sing, and the singing helps me play, who'd'a thunk it?

Life's good. I am warm, loved, free.

No comments:

Post a Comment