Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Message to Gordon Brown

I just phoned Gordon Brown and left a message:

Hello, my name is David Evans and I'm calling to express my wish to see a sustainable future for the world, not a growth based one. Sustainable means local resilience, living within the energy budget the sun generously gives us rather than frittering away oil to drive from point A to point B and back again. It means food feet not food miles. It means happiness through community, love, and support, not league tables, rhetoric and bonuses. It means being able to focus on what is important - family, friends - not clinching deals at any cost, even if the cost is the earth.

I urge our elected officials to work towards a balanced healthy future, and I urge them to have the courage to make strong commitments irrespective of what their peers promise. I urge them to make Britain a world leader in truth, not just speeches.

This is via the 350.org campaign: here

1 comment: